- goatwhisper likes this
- dakingpin369 reblogged this from ilovegrenadianwomen
- gatetonate reblogged this from x3lilihua
- gatetonate likes this
- x3lilihua reblogged this from kisscolfer
- mefrommethefangame likes this
- charl138 likes this
- yaaaahtrickyaaaah likes this
- flakyftw reblogged this from scarlet-pikachu
- beautifulbuttresses reblogged this from mudora77
- meiwatashi reblogged this from beekwhy
- meiwatashi likes this
- mishypnose reblogged this from sakinaah
- zombiemoshpit likes this
- strikingfeather likes this
- asfirefell likes this
- hiddenbehindsmile likes this
- aliceinkekeland reblogged this from lelesbian
- rid1ckulus reblogged this from lelesbian
- smhtokio likes this
- smhtokio reblogged this from kaylaacrawford
- bleedingconcealer likes this
- sargentcurly reblogged this from badwolf-coffee
- sargentcurly likes this
- scarlet-pikachu reblogged this from daggerjaw
- kuronedlc reblogged this from uncutting
- wereatimebobomb reblogged this from shavostars
- thebionicpenguin likes this
- mynameistorple likes this
- sine-jure reblogged this from kiminophrase
- finegreenery likes this
- bengal-i likes this
- n0-trespassing reblogged this from canwegetaway
- canwegetaway reblogged this from 800popsicles
- jarenjones reblogged this from jadachev
- peonyformythoughts likes this
- 800popsicles reblogged this from anycolouranimation and added:
- librofiend likes this
- 1life-2skis reblogged this from tally-tall
- darcazrael reblogged this from dreamingofaforgottenland
- fugglenuggets likes this
- dreamingofaforgottenland reblogged this from mishaswhore
- piubacon likes this
- electricbluetears reblogged this from laurel-whoisaghost
- met3ors likes this
- feelinhothothot reblogged this from jessiethemuffinmonster
- shiegra likes this
- brinkof likes this
STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call an ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital. At 6:00 pm, Ingrid passed away.
She had suffered a stroke at the party. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
I’m a hypochondriac, so Im sure I will think I have all of these symptoms every day for the next week. But still good information.